The Burkard Portable Air Sampler for the Collection of Airborne Particles onto a Agar Plates.
The Burkard Portable Air Sampler monitors air quality by collecting airborne bioaerosol contaminants on Agar dishes in both indoor and outdoor environments. The Portable Air Sampler is designed for short-term sampling in domestic or industrial environments, particularly where no power supplies are available.
The Portable Air Sampler is a perfect air-quality monitor for used in culture rooms, clean rooms, laminar flow cabinets and domestic environments, and for collecting bacterial and other particles directly.
· Variable time selection (1-9 minutes).
· 2 alternate intake covers.
· LED indicators.
· Audible cycle alerts.
· Operates at a nominal 10L/min or 20L/min.
· Powered by a high precision DC motor.
· Lightweight and portable.
· Rechargeable NiCad batteries.
· Optional AC-powered models.
· 4-hour continuous runtime.
· Quiet operation.
How it works:
Air is aspirated through a sieve plate, which contains a series of 1mm holes. The laminar airflow created by this design impels microorganisms onto the agar surface. Once incubated, the visible colonies can be counted. The count, along with volume of air sampled, is used to calculate the number of microorganisms per cubic meter of air (CFU/m3).
Burkard Portable Air Sampler Tech Specifications
Overall diameter: 114 mm (4½ inches)
Diameter of petri dish: 90 mm (3½ inches)
Voltages: 110 v, 60 Hz; 240 v, 50 Hz
Net weight: 690 g (1½ lb)
- Standard unit with Ni-Cad batteries: PASA/B
- Sampler for mains operation: PASA/M
When ordering please state voltage and model required.